In TCM, xuán shēn (Figwort root; 玄参) is slightly cold in nature and has Yin-nourishing benefits on the kidneys, lungs and stomach. Yin represents the energy that is responsible for moistening and cooling bodily functions. Xuan shen protects the Yin and fluids from damage due to heat and toxicity. It is commonly used to clear deep-lying heat in the blood level, purge fire, and relieve toxicity.
● Clears heat in the blood, manifesting as fever aggravated in the night, agitation, purplish tongue, and thirst
● Alleviates fever conditions with constipation
● Relieves steaming bone syndrome (akin to the feeling of heat sensation coming from the bones)
● Fights inflammation and relieves swelling
● Soothes hoarseness and swollen sore throat
● Moistens dry throat and lungs
● Soothes red and painful swollen eyes
Avoid use with Lí lú (藜芦). Not recommended for individuals with deficiency-cold in the spleen and stomach, manifesting as poor appetite, loose stools, etc.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Get wellness tips and the inside scoop on new launches and deals!
© 2022 Wing Joo Loong