For thousands of years, cordyceps has been prized for its rich medicinal benefits and is considered one of the precious and top-grade herbs in Chinese medicine, alongside ginseng and dendrobium. It is found in the soil of prairies, at an altitude of 3500-5000 metres above sea level, in places such as Qinghai, Szechuan, and Tibet.
This rare and valuable herb is slightly warm in nature, tonifies the kidneys, and invigorates the lungs. It is commonly used to soothe the lungs for the treatment of chronic asthma and bronchitis. As a harmonious herb, cordyceps can be taken as a tonic for general health maintenance. It can also enhance the activity of natural killer cells, which are one of our body's first line of defence against infection and illnesses.
● Treats deficiency in kidney Yang and blood, such as impotence, nocturnal emission (wet dreams), soreness of the lower back and knees, etc.
● Strengthens respiratory function by enhancing oxygen utilisation and cellular oxygen uptake, resolving phlegm, relieving shortness of breath, and reducing lung inflammation
● Relieves fatigue and treats lack of energy and strength after a severe illness
● Boosts stamina and physical endurance
● Strengthens the immune system
● Combats oxidative stress and replenishes kidney essence, thereby slowing down aging
● Improves normal kidney function
● Improves blood glucose metabolism, thereby reducing blood sugar levels
● Decoctions and soups: 5g to 15g
● Powder: 200mg to 400mg a day
● Powder Capsules*: 1-2 capsules a day
*Kindly note that our herbs are ground to powder and encapsulated on demand. In general, each capsule is around 200mg serving, which means 1 gram of herb powder can make 4-5 capsules depending on the type of herbs used.
Add some cordyceps to your double-boiled soups to give your immune system that extra boost.
In Chinese medicine, the kidneys perform a broader range of functions than just regulating the body's fluid balance and excreting waste. Our kidneys store our body’s essence (life force energy), which can be transformed into Qi and blood, and forms the foundation of Yin and Yang in the body. They are vital in supporting our growth, development, reproductive and sexual health. Our bones, joints, marrow, brain, hair, teeth, hearing, and even the lungs’ reception of Qi are all interconnected with our kidneys.
Our kidney essence naturally declines as we get older, and can get depleted faster due to lifestyle factors such as poor diet, chronic stress, overworking, and overindulgence in sex. Replenishing the kidney essence with Yang tonics — such as Dù zhòng (杜仲), cordyceps (冬虫夏草), and Deer Antler Velvet (Lù róng; 鹿茸) — along with a balanced diet and lifestyle can help to slow down aging.
The information above serves as a general guide only. Please consult a licensed TCM practitioner for a more accurate diagnosis and treatment.
Since our inception in 1947, we have built a strong reputation in the industry and take pride in ensuring the authenticity of our cordyceps. Wing Joo Loong's wild cordyceps are sourced from areas in Tibet and China. They are stringently processed and graded to ensure excellent quality.