6 Easy Korean Red Ginseng Dessert Recipes
4 min read
By Wing Joo Loong Team
Korean red ginseng is highly esteemed for its many health benefits. Not only does it have the power to boost Qi (vital energy), but it also enhances immunity, allowing you to take on daily life challenges. It can also support cognitive function and improve blood circulation for better holistic wellness.
Looking for ways to incorporate the goodness of Korean red ginseng while indulging in delightful treats? Find six beginner-friendly recipes to infuse a dose of Korean red ginseng into your desserts for a healthier guilty pleasure.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
1 serving of Korean Red Ginseng Powder
100g granulated sugar
43g unsweetened cocoa powder
32g corn starch
1g kosher salt
3g vanilla essence
Optional toppings: whipped cream, chocolate shavings
- Whisk together the milk, sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil and continue to whisk for one minute until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Add butter, vanilla essence and Korean Red Ginseng Powder and mix well.
- Pour into containers and cover with plastic cling wrap. Make sure the cling wrap touches the surface of the pudding to prevent a layer of dried ‘skin’ from forming.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Serve with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Ondeh Ondeh with ginseng drizzle
Preparation time: 40 minutes
3g* of Korean Red Ginseng Extract
250g of glutinous rice flour
200ml of pandan juice
150g gula melaka, finely chopped
100g grated coconut
A pinch of salt
*1 flat scoop with the serving spoon provided in our product
- In a large bowl, combine glutinous rice flour with pandan juice and knead well to form a smooth dough. Cover the dough and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Mix grated coconut with a pinch of salt and steam for about 2 to 3 minutes. Let it cool completely.
- Divide the dough into smaller pieces and roll each piece in your palms to form a smooth ball.
- Bring a pot of water to boil then cook the glutinous balls. When they float to the surface, remove them and shake off the excess water.
- Melt gula melaka and let it cool (below 80°C) before mixing in Korean Red Ginseng Extract.
- Coat the glutinous balls with grated coconut and drizzle the red ginseng and gula melaka mixture on top.
Mango shaved ice
Preparation time: 20 minutes
1 stick of Korean Red Ginseng Extract Everytime
75g condensed milk
1 mango, sliced or cut into cubes
Optional toppings: mango puree, mint leaves (garnish)
- Mix milk, water, condensed milk and Korean Red Ginseng Extract Everytime using a hand blender. Pour into a ziplock bag and freeze.
- Crush the frozen mixture with a rolling pin until smooth and pour in a bowl.
- Top with mango puree and freshly sliced mango.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
3/4 serving of Korean Red Ginseng Powder
40g rolled oats
3g chia seeds
5g maple syrup
Optional: Kiwi and raspberry (or any fruits you like)
- Add oats, milk, chia seeds, maple syrup and Korean Red Ginseng Powder to a mason jar, stir well and chill overnight.
- Top off with cut fresh fruits.
Banana breakfast toast
Preparation time: 5 minutes
1 Korean Red Ginseng Honey Paste Daily Stick
1 slice of toast
1⁄2 a medium banana or 1 small banana (cut into rounds)
1 tbsp of peanut butter
Optional: Crushed pistachios and chia seeds
- Toast bread of choice.
- Slice banana into rounds.
- Spread peanut butter onto bread.
- Drizzle Korean Red Ginseng Honey Paste Daily Stick onto bread.
- Sprinkle crushed pistachios and chia seeds on top.
Korean Steamed Pears
Preparation time: 60 minutes
1g* of Korean Red Ginseng Extract
1 korean pear
2 tbsp of honey
2.5 tbsp of warm water
1 tsp of ginger (grated)
1⁄2 tsp of cinnamon powder
2 red dates
Optional: A few pieces of walnuts or pine nuts
*⅓ flat scoop with the serving spoon provided in our product
- Rinse the pear in cold water and pat dry.
- Make a lid by slicing 1 inch off the top and scoop out the core and the seeds with a spoon.
- Fill it up with jujubes, walnuts, ginger, honey and cinnamon powder.
- Put the sliced lid back on the pear and place it in a heat-resistant bowl.
- Steam the pear for about 45 minutes to 1 hour over medium-high heat.
- Turn off the heat and let cool.
- Once cooled, mix Korean Red Ginseng Extract with warm water and pour onto the pear.
- Enjoy while it is warm or refrigerate before serving.
The information above serves as a general guide only. Please consult a certified TCM practitioner for a more accurate diagnosis and treatment.
Subscribe to our latest news and exclusive promotions!